Monday, May 5, 2014

Second Week in the MTC!

Dearest Family,
I have grown so spiritually this week, especially in our classroom.  I just absolutely love our teacher and she inspires me every class period.  Here are some of the insights that I've gained:
--God's purpose is found in Moses 1:39. "For behold, this is my work and my glory—to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man."  Christ's purpose is to fulfill Heavenly Father's purpose, through His doctrine.  And my purpose is Christ's purpose for 18 months.  My purpose as a missionary is the Doctrine of Christ 24/7.  When will I ever get the opportunity to have this as a purpose again?  When I'm not on my mission, I'll have so many other things in my life that I will never be able to focus on Christ's doctrine the same ever again.  So I must cherish it and make the most of this privilege now.
-Why do we invite our investigator's on the very first lesson?  It's just that important.  Although it may seem intimidating at first, baptism is everything.  It is the first step in getting into the Kingdom of God.  It can help with everything in the investigator's life: families, happiness, trials, everything.  Fear no man and invite all to be baptized and come unto Christ.
-Why is the Doctrine of Christ so important to me?  I had the privilege of taking the missionary lessons when I was 9 years old.  It was just me, my mom (who at the time was in the process of reactivation), and the missionaries, Elder Butler and Elder Redd.  I remember how the missionaries taught me with so much love.  As I look back on this experience, I can see how easy it might have been for them to just think of me as insignificant and think that I would not be able to understand the Doctrine of Christ.  But no, they taught me in such a way that I might be able to understand it.  Doctrine is simple truth. When they asked me to read Moroni 10:3-5 and commit to Moroni's promise, they had complete faith in me that I would do it.  As a young girl, I followed the counsel of Moroni and prayed for myself.  I knelt down on my bed and offered a prayer as I would if I were 21 years old.  While praying, I had such a wonderful feeling come over me and tears streamed down my face and I just knew that what these missionaries had taught me was true.  Now, I am in their shoes.  I want to be able to teach the Doctrine of Christ to anyone.  It doesn't matter if they are 8 years old or 50 years old.  I need to invite them to come unto Christ and teach His simple and true doctrine to them.  They are all learning the same thing and need to start with this foundation before anything else.
-It's easy to think, "Why am I putting myself through this?  Why am I going through all of this stress trying to learn Chinese?"  I know why.  It's because the Lord told me to and knows that I can.  Remember the story of Nephi when he was tied on the ship and prayed to break the rope.  The Lord instead made the rope loose so that he may escape.  The Lord answered Nephi's prayer but in a different way.  I know that the Lord has a wonderful plan for me.
-Sometimes in class I think about how much I don't know about Mandarin.  Then I think about how much I do know.  It's amazing that I can understand more than I could 9 days ago.  I could understand more than I did 5 days ago.  I guess I just want to see immediate results but the results are there!
-We had Sister Carol McConkie, First Counselor Young Women General Presidency talk to us in Relief Society.  She showed us a bible video about Christ's Atonement and Resurrection.  When we consider what the Lord has done for us, what will we not do for Him?
-Stephen B. Allen, Managing Director of the Missionary Department here and Area Seventy, spoke to us for our Sunday Devotional.  He shared so many insightful things.  My call comes from one who is a prophet, seer, and revelator.  We don't know the Lord's reason for assigning me to Taiwan Taipei.  It may be because He wants me to learn Mandarin, be in a specific area, or under a specific mission president, or even be with a certain companion.  The prophet lowered the age of missionary service to strengthen us and prepare us for the future and the way that the world is headed. This does not make Satan happy.  He will do everything he can to stop me and everyone who is going out.  He knows how many people I'm going to teach and bring into this gospel.  He knows how much good I'm going to do.  How does Satan work?  Maybe he gets me to think about home and how much my family needs me home instead of out doing the work.  But nope.  I am here.  And I am going to stay here.  I can and I must do this.  My entire future and the future of others is dependent on this call to serve that I have chosen to do.
I love you!  Stay strong and I know the Lord is with you!
Love,
Sister Sagisi

No comments:

Post a Comment