Monday, June 9, 2014

Travel Plans!

Dear Family,

First off, I got my travel plans! So I depart from Salt Lake City at 7:30am Tuesday, June 17. We arrive at Denver, CO at 9:05am. We have a 2 hour layover before we head to San Francisco. Then about an hour layover there. Then finally we go to Taiwan! Why do we go to Denver (in the opposite direction) first? I have no idea... But how crazy is this: We leave San Fran at 2:25pm June 17 and arrive in Taipei 6:30pm June 18.  Yes...lovely. But I guess this is a challenge to see how many people I can talk to on the plane! Challenge accepted!

So yes, it's my last week at the MTC. I am so excited but at the same time, I'm kind of sad. I'm sad to leave the friendships that I've made. We just found out some very sad news about my companion. So she won't be going to the Taiwan Taipei Mission with me anymore. She'll be having a change in assignment due to her surgery. We just found out this week. We don't know where she'll be reassigned to. It will have to go back to the apostles and she'll get her new assignment by the end of this week. I know that she was supposed to be in our MTC district and that her first call to Taiwan Taipei was not a mistake. I know that I was supposed to be her companion and accompany her through all of this. I am so excited for what the Lord has in store for her and I am so grateful for the opportunity He gave me to be a part of it.

I know I don't talk about our lessons here at the MTC a lot, but here's one that is definitely worth sharing. So we were teaching a new investigator. Her name is Guo Mama (it's a Chinese tradition to not take the name of the husband, so instead of being Sister Guo, she is the Mama of the Guo children). Well, her daughter who is a member, passed away just last month. But she was just so prepared to meet with us. She was willing to do anything that we asked. Well, on our first lesson, things were going so well that at the end of our lesson, I asked if she was willing to be baptized. And just like that she said, "Yuanyi" which means that she was willing. I asked her why and she gave her reasons of her daughter. I testified to her that I know her daughter knows that she's meeting with us right now and that she is so happy that she's willing to make this commitment. I just wanted to cry right then and there. But then when she asked "when" that's where I think I ruined the whole lesson...I really need to learn how to tell dates and things in Chinese. Haha. Well, at least I can teach and bare my testimony in Chinese! Hehe. ;) But seriously, I can testify that people are just so prepared for the gospel and that we should never be afraid to commit our investigators to baptism on the very first lesson. The Spirit will tell us when the time is right.

"People don't care about what you know until they know how much you care."

I love you all! Take care! Here's to my last full week at the MTC! I have a feeling an apostle will be coming tomorrow to our Tuesday Devotional...I can just feel it ;) But what do I know? Haha. I'll be sure to include that in my next email.

Sincerely,
Sister Sagisi
 Beach volleyball with the district!!!


 Special VIP visit from Inge Zaamwani-Kamwi. She not only is a member of the Church but she is also the CEO of Namdeb, the largest diamond corporation in Namibia!!! Such a neat experience!


 My teacher who just got married this past weekend! She married the Elder from the District (Elder Christensen). And I just love my district.


 Sister Samowitz going to Nagoya Japan. She knows Hebrew...she's so awesome!!!!


 Oh you know, just tracting.


They were just too fast...


That's all for now. Wo ai nimen!

No comments:

Post a Comment