Sunday, November 16, 2014

Acid Rain?

No one told me it was acid rain!

Coming from Hawaii, I'm used to the beautiful rain, especially when it just drizzles a little. But here in Taiwan, especially in my zone, Taoyuan, it's pretty much acid rain. Because of all the factories in my area, it's pretty dangerous... But it's OK, we're still alive. One of the main concerns that all the elders (and sisters) have is that they'll go bald. Well, after hearing that, I'm forever using my hood and placing a piece of paper in my helmet to avoid from going bald. Haha.

Our short-term missionary, Sis. Christensen went home to Taibei! (I spelled her name wrong last week, sorry!) But before she went home Pres. Day wanted her to have an opportunity to go on exchanges with me and Sis. Zippro. So I had the opportunity to be senior companion for a day. On Tuesday, Sis. Christensen came with me to my area while Sis. Zippro went with Sis. Lin to her area. I'm not too sure if I mentioned that we lived in a four person apartment, so that's really convenient as well. At first, I was kind of nervous because Sis. Christensen doesn't know very much Chinese gospel terms but it ended up being one of the best days! We went English Boarding (where go and hand out English flyers telling everyone about our English class that we offer). We met some people interested in English class and even in church! I loved being able to cheer Sis. Christensen on and help her. She is so great and she has the light of a missionary. At the end of English Boarding, I told Sis. Christensen that we had to go because it was dinner time. She responded with, "No, what?! Do we have to?" She was enjoying herself so much and she loved talking to people. We found a new investigator as well! For dinner, we treated ourselves to Filipino food :) Seeing her spark just fueled my fire and I am so grateful for the opportunity I had to go on exchanges with her. And yesterday, one of the sisters we met while English Boarding came to church!!! As she introduced herself in Sunday School, she mentioned how she met me at the train station and desired to come to church. What a blessing!!!

Here's a miracle, the Jewish investigator, Eliyo set a baptismal date!!! I didn't realize how monumental it was until Sis. Zippro told me. Because she served in Colorado for a transfer and a half while she waited for her Taiwan VISA, she knew how immense that was. Yes, Eliyo set a date and he even came to church yesterday! He really has a desire to know God's plan for him. He was so humbled by the faith that we have in him to set a baptismal date. He's worried that he doesn't have the same faith for himself. But I know that God loves him. I know that it's no coincidence that Eliyo came to Taiwan. Maybe of all the places in the world, he needed to meet missionaries here.

I also want to say happy birthday to my little brother, Jerrico! He's turning 11. Love you baby bro!!!

There's so much I want to say but so little time. I will end with my testimony of the truthfulness of this gospel. I know that the Good News that we have to offer to the world is the Atonement of our Savior Jesus Christ. Through Him, we can all return to our Father in Heaven. God's plan for us is to be happy in this life. Through all the trials that mortality brings, He wants us to be happy and to have eternal happiness with Him in His kingdom. Happiness in this life and forever is all possible through Jesus Christ.

I love you all!
Love,
Sister Sagisi
夏姐妹

Our Thanksgiving Dinner with the Liu Family! Mashed potatoes, Swedish meatballs, donuts...I was so happy!!!

Filipino Food!!!

This made me so happy!

Happy Thanksgiving!!! :D

1 comment:

  1. Hey, my name is Melissa Harvey and I happened upon your blog when I was looking things up about the Taiwan Taipei mission as I am preparing to serve there! It's crazy because I seem quite a few people that I recognize. You seem like an amazing missionary and I love reading your experiences I can't wait to go and serve. :)

    ReplyDelete