Wednesday, July 9, 2014

A God of Miracles

Dear Family and Friends,

I forgot to talk about exchanges in my last email! But we went on exchanges when we had to do temple tours. I went on exchanges with Sister Chao, one of the temple sisters (which is equivalent to an Assistant to the President). She is absolutely amazing and I am going to miss her so much. She's on her last transfer and after this she'll be going back to Provo to finish up her last year at BYU...which means that I won't be able to see her. But I learned so much from her and I'm so grateful for the short time that I had with her.

As part of my Practice Teaching (lesson 1 of the missionary lessons, which is the Restoration), I was able to do it with one of the sister training leaders in our area, Sister Johanson. She and her companion, Sister Lee recently baptized a sister, Shuting and she asked me to re-teach the first lesson because that's what the First Presidency is asking missionaries to do now. Missionaries now have to teach all 5 lessons before and after baptism. Yay for hastening the work and member retention efforts! So as I was teaching, I could just feel the Lord putting words in my mouth and things that I had studied before suddenly came to mind. It was the best teaching I had ever done! I testify of the gift of tongues and how the Lord gives it to you when you need it to bless His children.

While riding on my bike, I accidentally lost control and swerved a little. Next thing I know, my handle grip bumps into a black car who comes up next to me. I try to gain my balance and I end up pretty much wiping his car with my arm. We both didn't stop and sooner or later we were both back up to regular speed. What amazes me was that I didn't freak out or fall or even stop my bike! I just knew that everything was under control. I knew that it was a little tender mercy of the Lord to let me know that He's watching over me.

For Independence Day, we went to McDonald's...of course. Also, when we went to get lunch, we ran into some workers at Coco, a drink place. They bought us free drinks, too! I don't know what they were celebrating but I was glad to be a part of that. (See picture)

Another miracle, as we were visiting a less active member, we noticed that her shop was closed. Right when we were about to turn back, a moped pulls up next to us and the lady asks us who we're looking for. We said "Jiang JieMei. We're hoping to eat juabing (a really good pancake thing) at her shop." Then she points at her nose and says "Shi wo! (That's me!)" How funny! The Lord truly blessed us that time.

I absolutely love our ward. They are so supportive of the missionaries. When we had dinner with our Relief Society president's family, she expressed how when we bore our testimonies that very first Sunday, she thought to herself, "Things in Tao-1 will be different. Good different." Just hearing her say that makes me think about how the ward already viewed us from that first day. They can feel, from our testimonies our desire to get this work moving and to really do our best. I can feel the trust they have us.

Zone Conference and Specialized Training was just full of the Spirit. I don't feel adequate to be here in Taoyuan. Neither do I feel adequate to be here on a mission. But the Spirit taught me, yesterday, how much the Lord loves me and sent me here to see my full potential. He has never left my side and He never will leave my side.

"God is a God of miracles. One of His miracles is you. His other miracles happen through you." -President Day

I love you all,
Sincerely,
Sister Sagisi

p.s.-The picture of the sign is really funny.






No comments:

Post a Comment