Monday, August 25, 2014

Angels in our Mission

Hi Mommy,

My heart mourns for our two beloved Elders and angels, Elder Thredgold and Elder Xiong. I had to take some time to just sit and just take everything all in after hearing the news. Elder Thredgold was my very first Zone Leader in the MTC and I learned a ton from him. Sister Roy, in discussing this whole incident, shared this with me, "The news stories say that Elder Thredgold's parents said that their son was having the time of his life and smiling so big, like he never has smiled before. So this is probably his favorite thing to do. Elder Xiong was an orphan so he is with his parents again." This is very comforting. But the antedote for my sorrow was just finding, teaching, and testifying the truth of this gospel. Right after I took my few minutes of just thinking and absorbing it all in, I got up and headed to talk to the first person I saw (and his dog).

In one week, so many things happen in the lives of our investigators. We met with Sister Wang. She told us about how her eldest son died 8 years ago from cancer. As she shared this with us, I could just feel the pain in her voice. She talked about how it's hard for her to do things. She goes outside mainly to sell her fruit. She also takes medicine I guess to help you cope with her pain. I could tell that she's been dealing with this for 8 years and maybe now is the Lord's time to allow her to find peace and freedom from this. We didn't have much time to share, but we gave her out Restoration and Plan of Salvation pamplets to read in preparation for our next meeting. She explained how her son was a Christian and introduced her to Christianity because she's a Buddhist.

We met with her two more times this week. She committed to coming to church the second time and she said that she'll have to ask her other son if he can bai-bai (worship ancestors) for her if she gets baptized. After the second time, she gave us a call to tell us that her husband fanduis (opposes) and that she couldn't come to church. When we asked her if we can still visit her, she said that she wouldn't have time because she has to sell fruit and bai-bai. We had previously asked a church member to get in touch with her because she was supposed to be giving her a ride to church on Sunday. This church member was able to talk to her and Sister Wang even agreed to still allow us to go and visit her with our peike. Satan is so strong and he knows who the vulnerable people are. He knows that this gospel and help Sis. Wang so much. I just hope and pray that the next time we do meet with her, we can have the Spirit to say everything she needs to hear.

 
Jeff shared the most beautiful testimony about the Book of Mormon! He explained how when we first met him, he just thought it was some ordinary book. But as he read it, he came to know that it's more than that. He wants his life to be like that of Nephi's and have his courage. We will have to move his baptismal date because he couldn't come to church this past week, but he is so amazing! I'm so excited for him to keep progressing!

"When our testimonies are strong and we are truly converted to the gospel of Jesus Christ, our choices will be inspired by the Holy Ghost, they will be Christ-centered, and they will support our desire to endure in righteousness." -Elder Richard J. Maynes

Love,
Sister Sagisi



Just me and my Book of Mormon on Turtle Mountain (direct translation for Guishan). Gui means turtle and Shan means mountain. 


This is called Pig's Blood cake. It's quite delicious. It's covered in peanut crumbs...or something like that. 


I love this car. I had to take this picture for Sister Van Tonder.


I was actually going to hold this lizard and take a picture with it. But as the little boy brought it closer to me and tried to hand it to me, I totally chickened out and just told him to old it for me. Holding a lizard is something that I could live without doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment