Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Tried in All Things

Dear Mommy,

Here is a part of my email to Pres. Day that I'd like to include this week:
This past week was so wonderful! Life is beautiful when you know that Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father love us so much! I think the best part is being able to share this knowledge with everyone around you. Although I'm no longer serving in Guishan anymore, I heard some of the best news this past week. Huang Cong Ming DX got baptized last week Sunday! And Chen Yi Lun JM is scheduled for this week Saturday. It makes me so happy to know that they are working their way towards eternal life! I love them so much! On my mission I didn't realize how much I would love people but when you have a part in their coming unto Christ, I feel the joy that is described in D&C 18. I don't have to be there for the baptism. I was there while the seed was being planted in their hearts and also watching their conversion unfold. How great is my joy!

I was in my first Power Tri-Companionship! Wooh! It was short but it was so fun! I learned so much. We taught with so much unity and it was nice being able to learn from two other missionaries at the same time. I just think about what people think when they see the three of us riding our bikes down the road. "Servants of God!" That's what I think that they think. 


One thing that I've noticed that's been happening in our proselyting time is that we get to a road and we both look at each other and say, "I don't know why we're here." For the first 10 minutes or so, it's true, we don't really know why we're there. We get rejected one after another. But after we hit that rough start, we start seeing those miracles. I think it happens with every place we go. Once in a really long while we get to a street we previously prayed about and right when we park our bikes, the first person we talk to is amazing! But lately, it really takes great faith and perseverance to keep going.


I read a scripture this week during Personal Study in Doctrine and Covenants 136:31.
"My people must be tried in all things, that they may be prepared to receive the glory that I have for them, even the glory of Zion; and he that will not bear chastisement is not worthy of my kingdom."

How amazing is it to know that as children of God, He wants us to be like Him and to obtain His glory. The only way that could happen is if we have trials and we prove ourselves worthy of that glory.

This week we had dinner with Li JM. She's in her 50's. Her husband is Filipino (woohoo) but he's not a member. She is a returned missionary and has such a big heart. She has her own NGO and she deals with labor rights specifically for Filipino and Indonesian workers here in Taiwan. Lately, she's had a lot of trials but seeing her every Sunday at church and the faith that she has gives me so much hope for what may lie ahead in the future for me. It's not enough to just be a returned missionary anymore. The question is "what kind of returned missionary will you be?" Seeing her example and how she's working on enduring to the end is such an inspiration to me.

Have a wonderful week! I love you!!!
Love,
Sister Sagisi
夏姐妹

We had dinner with two Recent Converts, Hannah and Bill. They are both so awesome! 

Going away party for Liao DX who will be serving in Melbourne, Australia!

These taste amazing!

Our English Class Activity! Happy Halloween!

Yes, I was able to contribute to the activities by bringing up this balloon pop game that I love so much! I still remember doing this at one of my birthday parties.

Temple day! Beautiful day at the Taiwan Taipei Temple <3

No comments:

Post a Comment