Monday, March 23, 2015

I Thought it was Sunblock Time

The sun came out last week! But then it went again. I even had to bust out my sunblock because it was so hot. But for the past few days it's been cloudy, windy, and rainy.

We had 3 investigators partake of the Sacrament! But then two more investigators came after the Sacrament and ended up staying until the third hour. And Kathy (the investigator I met while English boarding back in November when I was on exchanges with our duanchuan, Sis. Christensen), shared in Relief Society about how prayer gave her faith!!! She shared how now she prays sincerely every day! I don't even remember sharing anything in Relief Society in front of all the sisters when I was 19! With Kathy, we've been fasting for her and she's even joining us in fasting for her parents. Because she's 19, she needs her parents' permission and last week, her mother wasn't all too happy that she was coming to church. Kathy is so excited for her baptismal date though. We've been pushing it back for so long now, since December. But now she feels she's ready. She just needs her parents' approval. And I know that the Lord has allowed me to come to Pingzhen to find Kathy and see her grow!!!

On Saturday we knocked into a family of 5, had a lesson, and had a return appointment!!! In my time here in Taiwan that has never happened to me before! I couldn't hold back my tears and Sis. Ioane and I just said a prayer of gratitude right after meeting them. It was a miracle! We were LA hunting and the LA's weren't home. But then we felt that we should stay on that street and knock. The Spirit led us to them and I am so excited to return to this family!!!

I want to share a scripture with you all in Alma 56:47
Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the liberty of their fathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their mothers , that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them.

This is about the 2,000 stripling warriors. How amazing it is to read about these young men who cared more about the covenant of their fathers than their own lives. The fathers were valiant in the covenant that they made with the Lord. The mothers were supportive of their husbands and they taught their sons in righteousness. And the sons were valiant in their duty. This is what families should be like! This is what the Lord wants our families to be like!

Have a wonderful week everyone! We're seeing so many miracles in Taiwan! The work is growing and so are the people's faith!

Love,
Sister Sagisi

My companion and I on a sunny day in front of a rice paddy :)

This is an all you can eat shabu shabu place. One of Taiwan's gems!

We found Kathy on the road and pulled over and had a lesson with her! It was a tender mercy of the Lord's!

No comments:

Post a Comment