Tuesday, April 14, 2015

A Year Later

Happy day after conference P-day! Today during studies, I was reading in the Book of Mormon in Mosiah and I want to share something that stood out to me. 

1 And now, it came to pass that when king Benjamin had made an end of speaking the words which had been delivered unto him by the angel of the Lord, that he cast his eyes round about on the multitude, and behold they had fallen to the earth, for the fear of the Lord had come upon them.

2 And they had viewed themselves in their own carnalstate, even less than the dust of the earth. And they allcried aloud with one voice, saying: O have mercy, andapply the atoning blood of Christ that we may receiveforgiveness of our sins, and our hearts may be purified; forwe believe in Jesus Christ, the Son of God, who createdheaven and earth, and all things; who shall come downamong the children of men.

3 And it came to pass that after they had spoken thesewords the Spirit of the Lord came upon them, and theywere filled with joy, having received a remission of theirsins, and having peace of conscience, because of theexceeding faith which they had in Jesus Christ who shouldcome, according to the words which king Benjamin hadspoken unto them.

In Mosiah 4:1-3, the people immediately repented. They didn't wait to go home and repent. But they repented right then and there in the middle of King Benjamin's speech. It's very fitting for us today. I was spiritually fed and called to repentance for the past 2 days. But am I going to be like these people and immediately change? It was such a spiritual personal study. Also, I finished Jesus the Christ before Easter, which was my goal, and now I'm reading the New Testament. I'm currently in Luke and I love being able to recall the things that I read in Jesus the Christ to help shed more light in my scripture study.

This week we had a pretty good week I would say. Yesterday after dinner we headed out to go look for an LA in a specific area. At a stop light I spoke to a brother and reached in my back to get a pamphlet. But as I did so the light turned green and seeing me reaching to grab something he told me to pull over on the side. Yes, he told me to pull over. I didn't tell him to pull over! What a miracle! That has never happened to me before. We found out that he met missionaries a long time ago. We ended up having a lesson with him about prayer and about our purpose as missionaries. He was interested in learning more and told him we'd refer him to the missionaries in his area. I love how we're all in this work together and no matter where we are, we carry the same message to the world.

One of our LA's, who we've been working with has progressed so well. He's come to general conference and has made drastic changes in his life. I know that he's one of the reasons why I'm here in Pingzhen. Seeing his progress has made me so much more humble and has made me want to have the faith that he has.

We met an LA family whom missionaries hadn't visited in a while and she was so excited when we came. She said it's been years since missionaries came and since then so many changes happened in their family. She now has a son. Her sister has stage 4 cancer. Her mother died. Her father has been so depressed. When we were trying to look for the house, we realized that we underestimated where it was in our area and found that it was further than expected. When I told Sis. Ioane that we can just change our plan and find LA's in the area that we were already in, she said that there was a reason I chose this family last week in WPS to go and visit. When she said that, I realized how right she was and decided to just go for it. We had time anyway. And the consequences of that visit was one that I'll never forget.

I hit a year in the mission this week!!! A year ago I entered the MTC. A year ago I wasn't the person who I am now. In the span of this short year, I've grown in ways I can never imagine. "Sprint to the finish line" is what our mission president tells us.

Love you all!
Love,
Sister Sagisi

Me and my squid on a stick.

Sister Xie took us to Daxi last Pday :)

One of the best English Parties that we've had. #Zhongli district

We had MEXICAN FOOD!!! I was so happy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment