Tuesday, April 28, 2015

"Be Spiritually Bold"

What did the green grape say to the purple grape?
BREATHE!!!!
(I think it's funnier when Sister Day says it.)

This week we had our Mission Tour with Elder Gong of the Seventy and his wife. He is also the Asia Area President. Fun fact: more than half the world's population lives in the Asia Area. So crazy! I learned so much from the Mission Tour and one of my take aways is that the message that we take to the world is not just about Jesus Christ and His Gospel. But it's that His gospel has been restored! Through the Prophet Joseph Smith, Christ restored His Gospel. We now have living prophets, priesthood authority, and continuing revelation. Many times, I run into people on the streets and they're like, "oh, I'm already Christian. Go talk to the Buddhists." Yes, we preach of Jesus Christ, but we teach of His Restored Gospel. I love being a missionary!

I invite everyone to think about how they are doing in member missionary work. I testify that as a missionary, we cannot do this work without members. And the members cannot teach the restored gospel without those who are called and set apart to teach the restored gospel (missionaries). Do you know your missionaries in your area? Do you know their investigators and the people they are working with? Do you pray for their investigators by name? Do you accompany the missionaries in their teaching lessons? Do you invite friends and family members over and have the missionaries over as well? Do you pray to know how to help them? Do you pray to ask Heavenly Father to know how to participate in missionary work? My mission has really helped me to know what kind of member missionary I want to be.

Love you all! Have a wonderful week!!!!
Love,
Sister Sagisi

If I weren't on a mission, I would have made a bigger sign. Hah. Congrats Fabs!

It was the baptism of our Bishop's daughter. She turned 8 this past week! Yay!!! 3 Nephi 11:38 "And again I say unto you, ye must repent, and be baptized in my name, and become as a little child, or ye can in nowise inherit the kingdom of God."

President Day, Elder Gong and Sister Gong of the First Quorum of the Seventy, me and my companion, Sister Ioane. Elder and Sister Gong served in Taiwan Taipei. They are truly called of God. What a privilege we had to talk to them and just be in their presence! I learned so much from them and it was so nice to be able to just talk one on one with them after everyone left.

Sister Ioane, Sister Gong, and I. She is so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment