Tuesday, August 11, 2015

The Rains Came Down and the Winds Were Strong

But I had my 72 hour kit (thanks to Sis. Day) and so I was OK. ;)

This week we woke up to no electricity and the winds were just so strong. It was so crazy!!! It was apparently the biggest typhoon to hit Taiwan in 20 years. Pres. Uchtdorf called our Mission President Saturday morning, to ensure that all the missionaries were safe. I just know that all the missionaries around the world are loved by our First Presidency. I also know that the Lord protects His missionaries.

We walked outside after the storm and it was just a disaster. There were fallen trees everywhere. I think the most interesting thing was that even the biggest trees fell. But as we went running this morning, I found that the tiniest trees that were held up by a tripod looking thing (they had a support around them) withstood the typhoon. That applies to all of us. We can have the biggest testimonies (or so we think) and share it with everyone, but if it's not rooted and supported, it will surely fall. Helaman 5:12. :)

The miracle of it all was our baptism after the typhoon. On Sunday, the typhoon had already passed and we had already scheduled our baptism for that day. Chen Wen Zhong DX got baptized! We got to the chapel just to find that our chapel had no water. Our bishop coordinated with Danshui to move our baptism there at that chapel. They were totally willing to let us go over.. But their water pressure was really low so they were going to confirm with us whether or not the font would fill in time. After Sunday School hour we found that the water at our chapel was working again! We started to fill the font. When we went back down after church ended, we found that the font water was dirty. It was so crazy! Haha. And then the water turned off again. But Chen DX didn't mind one bit! We told him that it was like how Jesus was baptized in the river Jordan. Well, all I have to say is that the Lord provided they way and we just had sufficient faith. The Lord gave us the water we needed to fill the font then afterwards turned the water off again. I am so grateful that He allowed Chen DX to make a covenant with God that day!

Have a wonderful week everyone! I love you all!
Love,
Sister Sagisi

Typhoon 2015.

Chen Wen Zhong's Baptism! He is standing to my left.

TAIPI? TAPEI!

I love to read the Book of Mormon.

Last Pday we went to a My Melody and Little Twin Stars exhibition because my companion loves My Melody. We went with our members and it was actually really cute.

Hey everyone!!! The gospel has been RESTORED! Just read the Book of Mormon!!! I'll proclaim this message all day everyday. And I will! I'm starting my last 2 transfers this Friday. CRAZY!

No comments:

Post a Comment