Thursday, August 27, 2015

Cooking and Cleaning

Last P-day was one of my most favorite P-days on my mission. Can you guess why? Yes, that's right. I cleaned and I cooked! There was enough time in the day to clean and cook. Is cleaning a hobby? If so, it's my hobby. We mopped and scrubbed and wiped, etc. Then I had an extra two hours and I remembered we had a sweet potato that hadn't been cooked yet. So I made some candied sweet potato. Then my companion, Sis. Guo gave me the sweetest compliment. She was like, "夏姐妹!妳知道嗎?!" "Sis. Sagisi this food is what you give to someone to tell them 'I love you!'" She just kept saying how good it was and how she's never had anything like it and that it's the best thing she's ever eaten. Hahaha. And then today she told me that the sweet potato from last week has kept her happy this whole week. Haha. I love my companion. I'm so glad that I can cook and clean when I have time...I think that's mother status but they call me "Mama Sagisi" here in the mission so it's all good.

I was trying to describe this mango jelly thing we were eating and I said that it tasted very "acidy." Then Elder Boyce in my district tells me that it's "acidic." Then I look at him and say, "oh, you're right." I don't think I can speak English anymore.

This week there's a TSUNAMI! It's been a year since we last had one. And before anyone freaks out, let me just explain what it is. It is when our Mission President sends a group of missionaries down to a specific area in our mission and goes finding there for 4 days. It will help the missionaries who are serving there to increase their pool of investigators and thus have more baptisms!!! We'll be reaping for 4 days straight. Even though it's not my specific area, I know that this is the Lord's work and we're all on #TeamJesus.This time it will be in Zhunan. Last year it was in Taidong. And I have this privilege to go! We'll be leaving today and come back to my area on Friday night. I'm pumped and I'm so excited to go finding!

I don't know if I've said this already but all I can say is that the enabling power of the Atonement is REAL! I have so much more energy in my life and I know it's all because of the Atonement!

I love you all! Have a wonderful week!
Love,
Sister Sagisi
Sis. Child touching her namebadge as she door knocks. Hehe.

Shave ice with Sis. Child.

I just like the Characters here.

Grapes!

A rainbow.

Mango ice cream with Sis. Coleman!

No comments:

Post a Comment