Thursday, September 24, 2015

It's Getting Cooler

Taiwan is getting a bit cooler...just at nights though. Haha.

This week...we knocked into the door of a pastor. But to be honest, he was one of the most humblest pastors ever. But in the end, he told us that he didn't want to talk "truth" with us because he was going to start spitting out Bible scriptures. But we left on a good note and even had a lesson with him at his door. It was really cool. At first, I was terrified, but for some reason, I knew that the Holy Ghost was there helping me and we testified of baptism and priesthood authority.

On my mission I have come to love the war chapters in Alma! I love love love them. I'm sad that I'm almost through Alma. But I just want to share Alma 58:34-37.

34 Now we do not know the cause that the government does not grant us more strength; neither do those men who came up unto us know why we have not received greater strength.

35 Behold, we do not know but what ye are unsuccessful,and ye have drawn away the forces into that quarter of the land; if so, we do not desire to murmur.

36 And if it is not so, behold, we fear that there is some faction in the government, that they do not send more men to our assistance; for we know that they are more numerous than that which they have sent.

37 But, behold, it mattereth not—we trust God will deliver us, notwithstanding the weakness of our armies,yea, and deliver us out of the hands of our enemies.

I just want to say that Helaman and his army were in a life or death situation. They were struggling so badly because of their provisions. But they didn't complain. It "mattereth not" to them. Sometimes, do we complain because of the little things that happen or do we trust in the Lord and know that He will deliver us. I love what we learn from these war chapters and I've been able to study them more in depth lately.

We're starting to set baptismal dates with investigators for when I'm not going to be here! So crazy! I remember when Meihua (Sis. Roy) told me that she was setting dates for after she leaves. I was like, I wonder what that feels like, haha. Now I know.
I hope everyone has a beautiful and wonderful week! We have transfer meeting this Friday. I'm pretty sure I'll be staying. I really hope I'll be staying. Moving on your last transfer doesn't sound too appealing. But the Lord's will be done. But...I'm pretty sure I'm staying. That means my companion, Sis. Guo is most likely going to move. I love her so much! She's been like a sister to me. She is like a sister to me.

Love,
Sister Sagisi

I love traditional Taiwanese Food. It's kind of like Filipino food in a way.

Pineapple cakes!

Sis. Lita's baptism!!! Look at her. She's beautiful!

This is what I look like when I go door knocking. But I'm usually not holding this fruit. An old amah gave it to us.

I love Beitou! Look at the palm trees and the mountains in the back. This is right outside the MRT (metro station).

Exchanges with Sis. Facer! I love these cow horn things. They are like chestnuts!

A puppet show. A real traditional puppet show. I seriously love Taiwan!

No comments:

Post a Comment