Monday, May 25, 2015

Back in the 北

I'm back in Taibei! It's so crazy! I've been in the 桃园 (Taoyuan) zone since birth (except for those 3 weeks that I was in Taibei). Then after those 3 weeks in Taibei, I moved to Pingzhen and Zhongli and stayed there for 7 months (5 transfers). At first I was so sad to leave the area. I cried as I wrote in my journal after getting the call that I was moving. It's not something that you can prepare for. I started telling the people there that there might be a possibility of me moving but I wasn't sure. And even after that, when I was finally told I was moving, I just cried. My family is there. I love the people there soo much. I guess it was just a taste of what it would be like leaving Taiwan. Then I woke up the next day and I just had a comforting feeling that everything was going to be ok. The future is bright.

At transfer meeting, we got our areas and our new companions and guess who my companion is!!! Her name is 郭姐妹(Sister Guo) and she is a 本地人 (native). We are serving in 北投, which is where my mother, Sister Koch died (it's where she ended her mission before she went home)! We are the Sister Training Leaders over 2 zones, the Taibei East and Taibei South zones. We are assigned to 8 sister companionships. And my daughter, Sister Akita, and granddaughter, Sister Komatsu, and MTC buddy, Sister Van Tonder are!!!! Maybe I messed up training Sister Akita so the Lord wanted
me to come to where she is and make amends... haha. 

I'm nervous but I'm excited. Sister Guo is an amazing companion! Chinese 24/7 is the best!!!

I know this work is true because it's HIS WORK. At Stake Conference yesterday for the Taibei East Zone, the Stake Primary Choir sang. It was a choir of angels. They sang "I know that My Savior Loves Me" and it was a humbling reminder of the love Christ has for each of us. It brought tears to my eyes as they sang of truth.

Love,
Sister Sagisi
夏姐妹

If you saw these two sisters standing outside your door, how can you reject that? We bring you gifts. The gospel of Jesus Christ!

The BEST District and the BEST English party!

I just HAD to. Represent!!!! ;)

​Shi Family. LOVE THEM! Yes, that's a picture of Kailua Beach. It may be Lanikai. I'm not too sure anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment