Friday, July 10, 2015

Enchiladas in Taiwan

Aloha family and friends!

This week, my companion and I cried for America. Thanks to Meihua I heard about the Supreme Court Justices decision on same-sex marriage and I told my companion about it. We just cried together. Shes not even American and she cried. We love this gospel and the happiness and truth that it gives us and we just want to share that with everyone.

So many things happened this week. I wish I had more time to type them all out. But Ill share them all during the course of my lifetime.

Well while on exchanges with Sis. Johnson, we found a Christian woman named Shao JM. There was a gate that hindered our ability to ring her doorbell. As I tried to open her gate, I realized it had two locks. I said out loud, maybe the Lord doesnt want us to come here. Right after I said that, she comes out and asks who we were. After finding out that she was a Christian, we asked if we could say a prayer with her. After the prayer, she asks if we want to come in! President Jergensen, she felt the Spirit and invited us in! Thank you for reminding us of the power of prayer at MLC!!!! Okay, anyways, we enter in her home and share the #BecauseHeLives video. She starts tearing. Afterwards, her niece and her nieces family come over and she tells all of them to listen to the missionaries. They all gather around the table and we start teaching the message of the Restoration. We give them Books of Mormon and Shao JM says, Wow, Ive been hoping for scriptures. It was so crazy! The next Sunday Shao JM comes to church. And she walked up that hill to our chapel! She is truly a miracle and I cant wait to keep helping her progress towards baptism!

Have a wonderful week everyone! Love you all!

Love,
Sister Sagisi

Pictures this week:

Ate dinner with the Jiang family again! We had our RC, Su DX and our Ward Mission Leader, Hong DX there with us too.

You know youre old when youre the oldest sister in your zones! Well, for the South Taipei Zone, Sister Van Tonder and I are the oldest. Oh my goodness, I am an old missionary.

Happy 4th of July with Sister Johnson! We had a passion fruit drink at Coco!

Our mission president and his wife made us Enchiladas and rice! I just about died. I was so happy!!!!

Our temple <3

​Funny story, one of my friends from my freshman ward, Victoria Fisher married a man named Tyson Jergensen. I knew Tyson because he worked for SOAR as one of the ACT subject teachers so I saw him a lot as a SOAR counselor. Turns out that Pres. Jergensen is his dad. This world probably doesnt get any smaller. haha. I love our mission president and his wife!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment