Monday, December 1, 2014

Sister, It's Cold Outside

Last week was so hot and humid. It felt like summer all over again. Today, it feels like one of those days in Utah where you knew it would start snowing. Overcast sky, bitter wind, and just cold. But here in Taiwan, of course it wouldn't snow. Haha.


What a week!!! Our miracle "one" made it to baptism on the last day of the month, November 30!!! She truly was a miracle. Sis. Edlyn Laulita from Pangasinan, Philippines. She was the one who the Lord answered would be our November "one." I shared a little bit about her in previous emails but here is another review of what really happened with her. She's been coming to church every single week for the past two months and she met the church back in 2007. It was also two months ago that she and her boyfriend Bro. Romeo Callejo (a Filipino who is an RM) approached us and said that she wanted to be baptized. But because of her crazy work schedule from 7pm to 7am we haven't been able to meet with her. Also, because of her address, she would have to be confirmed in the ward that she usually can't attended unless it's her Sunday day off work. It wasn't until 2 weeks ago where she finally got her work schedule for the rest of the year. She found that her next Sunday day off was November 30. So, we worked really hard in having lessons over the phone and when she did have her one day off in the week, we had the opportunity to meet with her twice. Then she was baptized on Sunday! It was seriously through the efforts of both the missionaries and the members. We held her baptism between the morning ward and the afternoon ward and she was confirmed in the afternoon ward. What a miracle! When I talked to her after she was baptized, she just kept saying how happy she felt and how good she felt. Then when the bishopric handed her all the church books after her baptismal service, she exclaimed that she was so excited. Using her words she said, "I love it!" She was just glowing yesterday and I am so grateful to be a part of helping her into the waters of baptism. When she shared her testimony, I just had tears in my eyes because I could feel her joy of making the covenant of baptism with God. I know that she's one of the reasons I was called to serve here in Taiwan!

I got "the call" this past Saturday. We were just leaving the chapel after Scripture Reading Group (I can't directly translate what we call it in Chinese to English but that's the best I can think of at the moment.) And the Elders were just talking about how training calls were tonight. They asked me if I was excited... Few minutes later, Sis. Lin hands the phone over to me. It was Elder Weech, one of the Assistants to the President. He said that Pres. Day needs me to be in Taibei at 1pm. Why? He's called me to train. I am soo nervous! But I am so excited! This is a special group of missionaries. They were supposed to come last October but because of their VISAs, they were reassigned to another mission in America. So aside from the 9 weeks in the MTC, they spend a transfer (6 weeks) in America. I am praying soooo hard to know how to help my new trainee.

One of my companions, Sis. Zippro will be finishing her mission this week! She's going back to Utah. She is an amazing missionary and it was an honor to be one of her last companions. I learned so much from her and I know she's influence so many people through her service here. Because she's leaving soon, so many members want to feed us before she goes. I hope that I don't start looking too chunky...

I know that God knows His children. All of us. We are each so precious to Him and I testify that He is sad when He sees us sad. He also smiles when He sees us smiling. I know that He hasn't left us to be sad in this world. He's given us His Son, Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost to be our constant companion. They can bring us happiness and peace through everything we go through in mortality. I know that through prayer, we can ALWAYS communicate with our Father in Heaven.

I love you all!
Love,
Sister Sagisi
夏姐妹

Me, Sister Edlyn, Sister Zippro, Sister Lin. :) 

Wei JM! She is a professional chef. And every time we visit her, she feeds us until we can't breathe. Literally. She's been an investigator for over 4 years now. She can't get baptized because her husband won't allow her but she still faithfully comes to church. Love her!

No comments:

Post a Comment